At Big Bend Veterinary Clinic we strive to provide full service veterinary care in our clinic, beginning with a thorough, age appropriate exam (general health & wellness, sickness & disease, geriatric concerns). We take the time to make nutritional recommendations for pets with ailments influenced by nutrition.
We also offer behavior consultation for tough cases where owners have come to the end of their rope with destructive or dangerous pet behaviors.
- Care and consultation for prenatal adult female dogs and cats. Getting ready for a new litter of puppies or kittens is essential for good health of the mother(s) and offspring. Including diagnostic procedures such as ultrasounds and blood tests that verify pregnancy and assess the health of the mother.
- Reproductive surgeries such as Cesarean Sections are also a part of the services we provide for prenatal adult females.
Prenatal Care—Adult Pets
- All ages; make sure your pet can be identified and returned to you.
- Consultation and care for newborn puppies and kittens.
- Vaccination protocols for puppies and kittens at critical stages of their development to insure a long and disease free life with their owner.
- Consultation on control of parasites that threaten the health of pets and their owners.
- Toilet training tips to make life with our pets easier.
- Skilled, individualized spay/neuter surgeries.
- JPS (juvenile pubic symphysiodesis) surgery to prevent the devastating effects of hip dysplasia.
- Nutritional Consultation for every stage of life.
- Behavior modification training.
- A full array of dental services including cleaning and surgical extractions with cutting edge procedures and equipment.
- A full range of surgical services: ophthalmic, oncologic, orthopedic, gastrointestinal, dermatologic and more.
- Individualized vaccination schedules to fix you and your pet’s lifestyle.
- Internal and external parasite control throughout adult life.
- Individualized allergy diagnostics and management.
- Boarding for established clients with pets that are smaller than 40 lbs.
Adult Medicine & Surgery
- We start annual monitoring of aging patients at 8 years of age. Preferring preventative medicine, we like to catch disease processes early so we can have a real impact on their course and increase the length and quality of your pet’s life.
We can provide:
- Medical help for the challenges of senior pet’s behavior.
- Management of arthritis accumulated from an active youth!
- Appropriate diagnostic and surgical tests for diagnosing age related diseases.
- Husbandry help for aged pets.
- Sensitive, supportive help with end-of-life decisions.